This statement applies to content published on the https://bracebridge-heath.parish.lincolnshire.gov.uk/ domain.
This website is run by Lincolnshire County Council on behalf of Bracebridge Heath Parish Council. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems;
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard;
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software;
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
How accessible is this website?
Parts of this website may not be fully accessible. For example:
- some document attachments may not be clearly written;
- some graphics and document attachments may have poor colour contrast;
- some images may not have good alternative text;
- some documents are in PDF, Excel or Word format and may not be accessible.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content;
- your name and email address;
- the format you need (for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF).
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find problems that are not listed on this page or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us.
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bracebridge Heath Parish Council is committed to making its websites accessible, as per the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 .
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content that is not accessible will be outlined below with details of:
- where it fails the success criteria;
- planned dates for when issues will be fixed.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The following content does not need to comply with the accessibility requirement until September 2020, because it was published before September 2018.
Images on pages do not always have suitable alternative text. Some images are missing alternative text, some have incomplete text and some have ‘placeholder’ as alternative text. This fails WCAG 1.1.1A success criterion (Non-text Content). We plan to identify and fix these by September 2020.
We will help content authors understand the requirements for captions and audio description for all new videos. This is related to WCAG 2.1A success criteria 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)) and 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded).
PDFs and other documents
Some documents are not accessible in a number of ways including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
To report any problems or request documents in an alternative format, contact us.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We plan to identify and fix issues to a set of timescales which we will publish here.
This statement was prepared on 29th July 2020. It was last updated on 29th July 2020.